New York City Marathon 2020
Experience the elation as you run through the bustling city of New York at the 50th anniversary of the TCS New York City Marathon as part of Team Cure Kids.
Cure Kids and Marathon Tours is giving you the chance to take part in an experience like no other – running through the streets of New York as DJs, live bands and over two million spectators cheer you on. No ballots. No qualifying times. As part of Team Cure Kids, you have guaranteed entry.
Accomplish what most only dream of while taking pride in the knowledge you are part of something bigger than yourself – you are taking on the NY Marathon for Cure Kids to help raise funds for child health research in New Zealand.
Can you fundraise $5,000 or more for Cure Kids?
In 2019, 12 runners raised $137,602 for Cure Kids through their extraordinary fundraising efforts. This year, we’re raising the bar, adding more spaces to our team and stretching our goal to $150,000. Are you up for the challenge?
Register your interest using the form on this page and a Cure Kids team member will be in touch. Places are limited so make sure you get in quick.
7-night runners package (travel direct)
Included in your package:
- Return economy class airfares flying Air New Zealand from Auckland to New York direct
- We will tailor your package and add on your domestic flights so you can depart from any New Zealand domestic airport
- Guaranteed marathon entry into the 2020 TCS New York City Marathon
- Return airport transfers on group flights
- Seven nights’ accommodation in a prime location at the InterContinental New York Times Square Hotel
- Marathon Tours welcome cruise
- Private Marathon Tours Help Desk
- Race morning breakfast
- Private transport to the Start Village
- Celebration dinner and drinks with fellow Kiwi runners and supporters
- Official TCS New York City Marathon 2020 shirt
- Seven day metro pass for transportation around New York City
- Introduction to other Marathon Tours participants through a closed Facebook group for our TCS New York City Marathon runners
- Full service for all pre and post travel arrangements, including tailor made itineraries, live webinars and a travel app for your mobile phone
- 7-night twin/share package from $6,999pp
- 7-night single package from $9,098pp
- 7-Night twin/share package from $5,799pp
Here’s what some of our 2019 runners said…
BEKAH – WASN’T A RUNNER BEFORE THE MARATHON
“At the start of 2019, I took on the task of getting the first ever team to run the TCS New York City Marathon to raise money for Cure Kids but swore against running it personally – I wasn’t a runner! I had never run more than 3km in my life and certainly didn’t enjoy it! My manager said the simple words ‘’Of course you can do it! You’ll do it easy.’’ Well it certainly wasn’t easy, but having that one person believe in me, I committed to the challenge.
In January, I ran my first ever 5km nonstop. By the end I was bright red, puffing on the side of the road and someone walking by asked me if I was okay! I was thinking what on earth have I committed myself to? I then put my Cure Kids fundraising page out to my social networks to make this bigger than myself, and to make sure that I couldn’t back out from it.
I completed my first half marathon along the Auckland Waterfront in April and then went on to complete the Wellington Half in June and the Taupo Half in August, each time improving my personal best. I’m extremely humbled to say I finished the TCS New York City Marathon on 3 November 2019. Towards the latter end of the course, I was really questioning if I could finish without walking, but I can honestly say remembering how many people had been with me on this journey, including the donations for Cure Kids I received, got me to that finish line. It wasn’t about me – it was about doing it for our Cure Kids ambassador, Eva, and everyone who donated to me, that got me to the end.
Runner or non–runner, anyone can do this marathon! It’s just about patience, commitment and making it larger than yourself. The New York Marathon is indescribably amazing and I’m so glad to have made it my first.”
-Bekah, Team Cure Kids 2019
MARK HASLAM – HIGHEST FUNDRAISER
“Being part of the Cure Kids Team, raising money for such an incredible cause by running the TCS New York City Marathon, was one of the most moving, humbling and rewarding experiences I have ever had the privilege to be a part of in my life. One of the lessons I learned from the incredible people I met while on this journey, was to always have hope, without it, there is very little. Our lives are not dress rehearsals where we get to redo it all over again, make the very most of the one you have.”
– Mark Haslam, Team Cure Kids 2019
“No better feeling than when your heart is full, knowing you are running for something bigger than yourself!”
– Ben Parore, Team Cure Kids 2019